Game of Cards
Game of Cards is a card game and mini-game within Evoland 2. Much like Double Twin in Evoland, the player can collect several cards from different locations around the world or by challenging certain NPCs.
Rules[edit | edit source]
Each player draws 3 random cards from their collection. To play a card you need Maana. A card's Maana cost is displayed at the top left corner of each card. You gain 1 Maana per turn but you can also throw cards back into your collection gain some Maana, the more costy the card the more Maana it'll give you. Once on the board, they will attack the enemy player or their cards. You always start with 20 hit points, while the enemy can have 20 or more. The first player to lower their opponent's hit points to zero wins.
There are 3 lines with 2 columns on each side. Cards close to your opponent can deal damage. If there is an opposing card, they will fight. Otherwise, your opponent will be hit. When a card takes too much damage, it will go back to the draw pile.
There are some cards that have special powers. These powers are represented by an icon:
- Range: Represented with a bow icon. Cards with this power are capable of dealing damage even if placed on the back row.
- First Strike: Represented with a sword icon. Cards with this power will always deal damage first when fighting an opposing card.
- Trample: Represented with an axe icon. After beating an opposing card, cards with this power will deal any excess damage to the card in the back row of that line.
- Magic: Represented with a gems icon. Cards with this power will grant 1 Maana at the end of each turn.
- Heal: Represented with a green cross icon. When placed on the back row, cards with this power will heal the card in front of them by 1 at the of each turn. This is a rare power.
Card collection[edit | edit source]
There are 61 cards to find:
|09||Demon King Arthus||7||3||5||7|
|15||Blue Task Force||1||1||0||2|
|16||Green Task Force||1||1||0||2|
|17||Red Task Force||1||1||0||2|
|36||Big Vicious Troll||7||3||7||7|
|40||Dean of the Library||1||1||0||6|
Card locations[edit | edit source]
- C01 - Kuro: This card can be found inside a chest in the Sylph Forest dungeon, in the Past.
- C02 - Fina: This card is awarded for defeating Finrost, Fina's father, in a card duel in the Present. You must collect all other cards before you can challenge him.
- C03 - Velvet: This card is awarded for defeating a guard stationed at Cursed Island in a card duel, in the Present.
- C04 - Menos: This card can be found inside a chest in The Mine dungeon, in the Present. The area's access is located near the end of the dungeon, and you need to use Menos' power to open it.
- C05 - Ceres: This card can be found inside a chest in the Lost Island, in the Past.
- C06 - Dalkin: This card can be found inside a chest in the ??? Demonia Campaign node (flower field right after the Surprise Attack node), in the Past.
- C07 - Emperor Lothair: This card is awarded for defeating Dalkin in a card duel, in the Present. He is in his house in Genova.
- C08 - Largo LeGrand: This card can be found inside a chest in The Mine dungeon, in the Present. The area's access is located straight north from the entrance, and you need to use Menos' power to open it.
- C09 - Demon King Arthus: This card is awarded for defeating the demon located in the Surprise Attack Demonia Campaign node, in the Past, to a Game of Cards duel.
- CAA - Nawi: This card can be found inside a chest in the Sylph Forest dungeon, in the Present.
- C10 - Yoda Tree: The Yoda Tree give grant you this card when you speak with him after defeating all Sadistas in the Sylph Forest dungeon.
- C11 - Weapon: This card is awarded for defeating the person standing near the Large Hyperion Cannon in the Temporal Research Center in a card duel, in the Magi Era.
- C12 - Professor Giro: This card is awarded for defeating the old man in Windy Valley in a card duel, in the Future.
Videos[edit | edit source]
Achievements[edit | edit source]
There are three achievements associated with Game of Cards: