Game of Cards
Game of Cards is a card game and mini-game within Evoland 2. Much like Double Twin in Evoland, the player can collect several cards from different locations around the world or by challenging certain NPCs.
Rules[edit | edit source]
During their turn, a player draws 3 random cards from their collection, then must play or discard each one. To play a card, the player needs to expend a certain amount of Maana (the card's Cost). Players gain 1 Maana per turn, but can also throw cards back into your collection to gain Maana (the card's Refund), usually about half the card's Cost. Once on the board, they will attack the enemy player or their cards. You always start with 20 hit points, while the enemy can have anything between 10 and 50. The first player to lower their opponent's hit points to zero wins. Each card has four specific numbers:
- Cost (How many Maana must be expended to play the card). This appears in the upper left corner, in a blue gem.
- Refund (How much Maana you receive for discarding them). In the detailed card graphic, this is the number of small gems to the right of the Cost. In a game, it's only visible in an arrow to the card's left when it's selected in the hand.
- Attack (How much damage they deal). This appears in the lower left corner, in an orange circle with an arrow.
- Health (How much damage they can take before being discarded). This appears in the lower right corner, in a red heart.
There are 3 rows with 2 columns on each side. Generally, only the player's cards in the column closer to the opponent can deal damage. If there is an opposing card in the same row, they will take the damage and simultaneously counterattack. If there are two, generally only the front one will be affected. If there are none, the opponent will take the damage. When a card runs out of health, it will go back to the draw pile, and if a card is behind it, it will move up to the front.
There are some cards that have special powers. These powers are represented by an icon in the upper right corner of the card:
- Range: Cards with this power are capable of dealing damage even if placed in the back column; they attack first in a turn, and don't cause a counterattack.
- First Strike: Cards with this power will always deal damage first when fighting an opposing card, only allowing an attack or counterattack if the card is still standing, except when the other card also has First Strike. (This means if a card which has lower life than the attack power of the First Strike card is played against it, they will immediately be knocked out in the same turn without dealing any damage.)
- Trample: After beating an opposing card, cards with this power will deal any excess damage to the card in the back slot of that row, or to the player if none is present.
- Magic: Cards with this power will grant 1 Maana at the end of each turn.
- Heal: When placed on the back row, a card with this power will increase the health of the card in front of it by 1 at the end of each turn. This power is only possessed by the Fina card.
Each card is limited to a single power.
Card collection[edit | edit source]
There are 61 cards to find:
|09||Demon King Arthus||7||3||5||7|
|15||Blue Task Force||1||1||0||2|
|16||Green Task Force||1||1||0||2|
|17||Red Task Force||1||1||0||2|
|30||Shadow Kuro/Hero's Name||7||3||5||8|
|36||Big Vicious Troll||7||3||7||7|
|40||Dean of the Library||1||1||0||6|
Card locations[edit | edit source]
- C01 - Kuro/Hero's Name: This card can be found inside a chest in the Sylph Forest dungeon, in the Past.
- C02 - Fina: This card is awarded for defeating Finrost, Fina's father, in a card duel in the Present. You must collect all other cards before you can challenge him.
- C03 - Velvet: This card is awarded for defeating a guard stationed at Cursed Island in a card duel, in the Present.
- C04 - Menos: This card can be found inside a chest in The Mine dungeon, in the Present. The area's access is located near the end of the dungeon, and you need to use Menos' power to open it.
- C05 - Ceres: This card can be found inside a chest in the Lost Island, in the Past.
- C06 - Dalkin: This card can be found inside a chest in the ??? Demonia Campaign node (flower field right after the Surprise Attack node), in the Past.
- C07 - Emperor Lothair: This card is awarded for defeating Dalkin in a card duel, in the Present. He is in his house in Genova.
- C08 - Largo LeGrand: This card can be found inside a chest in The Mine dungeon, in the Present. The area's access is located straight north from the entrance, and you need to use Menos' power to open it. Enter the mine and go break the first cracked wall you can see; then use the lantern and go down. You will experience a temporal desynchronisation, but just proceed. You will get into a cave with rocks and TNT and levers, and you will have to find puzzle your way to the chest with the cart.
- C09 - Demon King Arthus: This card is awarded for defeating the demon located in the Surprise Attack Demonia Campaign node, in the Past, to a Game of Cards duel.
- CAA - Nawi: This card can be found inside a chest in the Sylph Forest dungeon, in the Present.
- C10 - Yoda Tree: The Yoda Tree give grant you this card when you speak with him after defeating all Sadistas in the Sylph Forest dungeon.
- C11 - Weapon: This card is awarded for defeating the person standing near the Large Hyperion Cannon in the Temporal Research Center in a card duel, in the Magi Era.
- C12 - Professor Giro: This card is awarded for defeating the old man in Windy Valley in a card duel, in the Future.
- C13 - Mr. Mudwell: Deafeat Mr.Mudwell in a card battle. he can be found in Genova, in the Past.
- C14 - Pirate Roberts: Defeat the "beautiful" woman in Seera harbour in the Past.
- C15 - Blue Task Force: Defeat one of the guards in card game in Genova at the palace bridge in the Past.
- C16 - Green Task Force: Defeat one of the guards in card game in Genova in the Present. He can be found in front of the library, at the top right corner of the city.
- C17 - Red Task Force: Defeat one of the guards in card game in Genova at the palace in the Future.
- C18 - Legendary Blacksmith: Can be found in in a chest the Genova sewers by collecting 4 strange gems. Entrance is at the chicken coop lady, in the past.
- C19 - Inventor: From the Lady on the cliff in the Future in Windy Valley.
- C20 - Manimal: It can be found in Nibiru village (in the bottom) in the Past.
- C21 - John Snow: Defeat John Snow (who is a snowman) in a card game, in the Viking Village in the past. You can find him in one of the houses, not far from the entrance.
- C22 - Reno: Found in Giro's laboratory by going down where there is a red sign.
- C23 - Cherry: From a demon in present Demonia.
- C24 - Plum: From a demon in present Demonia.
- C25 - Great Magus: Inside the door next to the library in the past (The key to the door is on the Magus himself in the Demonia campaign finale).
- C26 - Jatai: Defeat Jatai in a card game in the Haunted Forest's dungeon in the Future.
- C27 - Lieutenant: From a guard in the Past in Genova. Next to the jail/colosseum.
- C28 - Prophet: Can be found inside the pipe room in the sewers. You will have to break the wall with Menos.
- C29 - Flying Guardian: Can be found in a chest behind a tree in Nibiru village in the Future after the Weapon has been erased from time.
- C30 - Kuro/Hero's Name: Aquired after the boss battle in the Anomaly. A chest to the left corner.
- C31 - Biblus: Can be found on top of Alpha Mountain in the Future.
- C32 - Saxu: Beat the Flying Wing Challenge on Beginner in Windy Valley in the Future after giving Sid the damaged flying machine.
- C33 - Scizor: Beat the Flying Wing challenge on Expert in Windy Valley in the Future after giving Sid the damaged flying machine.
- C34 - Forest Guardian: Can be found in Nibiru village, get it from the black haired girl just in front of the forest, in the Present.
- C35 - Captain Ababa: Defeat Ababa in the Genova colosseum, after you get Fire fragment, in the Present. If you die in the upcoming waves, the card will be given to you by the guard at the entrance.
- C36 - Big Vicious Troll: Given to you by the Lost Viking in the Frozen Cavern in the Present.
- C37 - Sylph: Defeat the Sylph in in the safe Sylph Forest area (time does not matter as it always the same there).
- C38 - Wiking: from a Wiking in the upper left corner in the Viking Village in the Past.
- C39 - Demon: Defeat the first guard in card game in the Mine, in the Present.
- C40 - Dean of the Library: Defeat the Dean of the Library in a Game of Cards in the Future
- C41 - Magi: Defeat the woman in era of the magi in the scientist building in the upper right corner.
- C42 - Pirate: From a pirate with blue bandana in Seera Harbour in the Present.
- C43 - Noria Troll: From one of the three little girls in Genova Inn courtyard in the Future.
- C44 - C4PO: From a disciple in the corner in the Pyramid of the Prophet in the Future.
- C45 - Blob: From a pirate in red bandana in the Genova Inn in the Present.
- C46 - Rat: At the Genova Inn in the present.
- C47 - Eye Blob: From the man running in circles in Genova in the Past.
- C48 - Sorcerer: From the guy blocking the library in Genova in the Past.
- C49 - Ghost: defeat Jatai in the Present.
- C50 - Armos: From a pirate in Haunted Forest in the Future.
- C51 - Bat: In the Genova Inn in the Present. From a person on the right, a bit up from the Innkeeper.
- C52 - Madcap: In the Genova Inn in the Present. From a person on the right, a bit up from the Innkeeper.
- C53 - Squirrel: In the Genova Inn in the Present
- C54 - Imperial Guard: From a Genova Guard in the Present.
- C55 - Grizzly: In the Genova Inn in the Present.
- C56 - Ninja Squirrel: Defeat one of the kids in Genova in the Past, they can be found in a house near a sewer exit, at the bottom left of the city.
- C57 - Mayenne Boulder: Defeat a Guard at the Mayenne Bridge in the Present.
- C58 - Mammut: Froma a Guard outside the barracks in the future Genova.
- C59 - Crusher: Beat Clara Loft at Game of Cards in Alpha Mountain in the Future.
- C60 - Programmer Art: From a blue haired girl in the Genova Inn in the present.
Videos[edit | edit source]
Achievements[edit | edit source]
There are three achievements associated with Game of Cards: